Saturday October 5, 2019 from 4:15 to 5 pm
Heather Finn, registered physiotherapist is looking forward to seeing Guelph Youth dancers (age 14+) for an interactive session on Performance Profiling, as recommended by Healthy Dancer Canada.
- • If you are a dancer, Performance Profiling will help you to identify what dimensions of dance you find important, enhance your focus and direction of training, and promote your development as an artist and performer.
- • If you are a parent or teacher, Performance Profiling will help you to understand your dancer’s/dancers’ perspectives, form a basis for collective goal-setting, skills training, training schedule development, and measure your dancer’s/dancers’ progress.
A performance profile visually represents your perception of the many aspects of your dance process and performance, including:
- • Physical: Strength, flexibility, balance, sleep, nutrition, hydration, recovery, health, etc
- • Technical: Coordination, agility, musicality, posture, body awareness, turns, jumps, etc
- • Psychological: Confidence, motivation, concentration, mental skills, emotional mastery
- • Artistic: Audience communication, embodiment, state of flow, etc
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. The workshop is free!