Please note that to align Guelph Youth Dance’s schedule with the public school schedule we are moving our March Break to April 12-17th. There will be classes held from March 15-20th and the school will now be closed from April 12-17th.
We are accepting registrations for the Winter and Spring sessions for the following classes (until they fill up!)
For classes February 16- June 19th, 2021
3:30-4:15 pm | Young Company Ballet
4:15-5:15 pm |Young Company Rehearsal*
5:30-6:15 pm | Apprentice II Company Rehearsal*
6:30-7:30pm | Company Ballet
7:30-8:30 pm | Company Rehearsal*
*by audition only
4:45-5:30 pm | Apprentice II Company Ballet
5:45-6:30 pm |Ballet 6-8
4:00-4:45 pm |Apprentice I Company Ballet
4:45-5:30pm |Apprentice I Company Rehearsal*
5:30-7:00 pm | Contemporary Technique and Composition 11-12 years
7:15-9:00 pm | Contemporary Technique and Composition 15 and up
4:15-5:00pm| Ballet 13-15
5:15-6:00pm | Ballet 6-8
6:15-7:30pm | Contemporary Technique and Composition 7-8 years
4:15-5:45 pm | Contemporary Technique and Composition 9-10
5:45-6:30 pm | Company Mandatory Technique*
6:30-7:30 pm | Company Rehearsal*
7:30-8:30 pm | Adult Contemporary Technique (Beg/Inter)
5:00-5:45 pm | Conditioning 14 and up (In Studio and Online option)
4:15-5:00 pm | Conditioning 12-14
5:15-6:00 pm | Ballet 12-14
6:00-6:45 pm | Pre-Ballet 3-5
10:00-10:30 am | Creative Dance 4-7 years (Online)
4:15-5:30 pm | Contemporary Technique & Composition 7-8 years
5:45-7:15 pm | Contemporary Technique & Composition 13-14 years
4:00-4:45| Pre-Ballet 3-5
5:45-6:30| Ballet 9-11
6:30-8:00 pm | Contemporary Technique and Composition 9-11
4:15-5:30pm | Ballet 15 and up
5:30-6:30pm | Jazz 15 and up
9:00-9:45 am | Creative Dance 3-5
9:45-10:30 am | Contemporary 6
10:30-11:15 am | Ballet 6-8
11:30-12:15 pm | Jazz 12-14
12:15-1:00 pm | Hip Hop 12-14
1:15-2:00 pm | Jazz 8-9
2:00-2:45 pm | Hip Hop 8-9
3:00-3:45 pm | Jazz 10-11
3:45-4:30 pm | Hip Hop 10-11
11:45-12:30 pm | Pre-Ballet 3-5
Thank you so much for your patience as we work through what we feel is best for our families and our community. With Code Red restrictions and with the uncertainty of the safety of returning to the studio, we have decided to move forward with our Online Class schedule until Guelph is in Code Orange. We hope that this will be in a few weeks!
For those of you who would like to register for the winter/spring term and only dance online- even when we move back to in studio classes, please feel free to register for the regular winter/spring term and email the office to let us know. We will then be sure to find a way for you to continue dancing online with us when we move back to in studio classes. Please note that this may result in changes to your scheduled class times.
We are making plans to resume to outdoor classes for May and June (if allowed). These outdoor classes will be available first to those registered for the winter/spring season and the total class numbers will continue to be restricted.
Below is the online schedule that we will be following until Guelph is in Code Orange.
Your names will automatically be added to these class times if you are currently registered. Please go to the Portal to see your child’s weekly schedule.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I do not want to take online classes. Can I start back when you are open for in studio classes?
Yes- this is totally fine to opt out of the online classes and wait until we return to the studio. Please note, however, if you would like your spot reserved in the class you will not receive a refund for these missed classes. We strongly recommend staying registered for your classes as there is a waiting list in most classes.
How do I access my online class?
All zoom links are found on your Portal. Once you log in you will see your child (rens) names and Today’s Schedule. Please click on the camera icon that is next to the class you are loging in to (please note links have not yet been set up so you will not see them there until Tuesday). Please be sure to be on time for your class. We recommend logging in 5 minutes prior to class to be sure all is running well.
I am an Apprentice, Young Company or Company member- if I opt out of the online classes will this count towards the 3 absences we are allowed to have before not being in a piece?
No. We will not count any missed online classes towards your eligibility to be in a piece that your group is working on right now. We do however, strongly encourage you to take the online classes to keep up with your training, stay in touch with other company members and be part of the rehearsal process.
I registered for the full year, or the winter/spring term and would like to withdraw. Will I get a refund.
Yes. We will provide full refunds for all those that no longer wish to dance. Please note that once you withdraw, you will no longer be guaranteed a spot in that class.
I loved the outdoor classes- will you be holding classes outdoors again this year?
Yes! We hope to run all our classes outdoors for May and June in various backyards located close to downtown. We also hope to have our Spring Shows and Open Houses outdoors. This was very successful in the Fall.
Can I register for only the outdoor classes?
We will open up the opportunity to register for May and June classes only where there are spaces. We will let families know by April. Please note that most classes are full and therefore spaces will be very limited.
Please feel to email us!
CODE RED ONLINE CLASS SCHEDULE
4-4:45 pm | Ballet 9-12
4:45-5:30 pm |Young Company Rehearsal
4:45-5:15 pm | Apprentice II Company Rehearsal
6:00-6:30 pm |Ballet 6-8
6:30-7:15 pm | Ballet 13 +
7:15-8 pm | Company Rehearsal
4:00-4:30 pm |Apprentice I Company Rehearsal
5:45-6:30 pm | Contemporary Composition 9-12 years –For the Technique portion of this class please see Thursday Contemporary Barre
6:45-7:30 pm | Contemporary Composition 13 and up –For the Technique portion of this class please see Thursday Contemporary Barre
4:00-4:45 p.m.| Company Technique
4:45-5:30 pm | Company Rehearsal
6:30-7:00 pm | Pre-Ballet 3-5
10:00-10:30 am | Creative Dance 4-7 years (pre-recorded)
4:00-4:45pm Contemporary Barre 9-12
4:45-5:30| Contemporary Barre 13 to Adult
5:45-6:30| Conditioning 12 to Adult
4:45-5:30pm | Ballet 15 and up
5:30-6:15 pm | Jazz 15 and up
9:00-9:30 am | Creative Dance 3-5
9:45-10:15 am | Contemporary 6-8
11:30-12:15 pm | Jazz 12-14
12:15-1:00 pm | Hip Hop 12-14
1:15-2:00 pm | Jazz 8-11
2:15-3:00 pm | Hip Hop 8-11
We will continue to monitor and implement the local, provincial and federal recommendations as they’re announced and make changes as necessary. We will take each week, or day to day, into consideration as it approaches and keep you updated on what’s happening. We will be updating through Facebook and email.
We take pride in our facility and how it operates and would like to highlight the protocols we have in place at GYD to help our dance families stay healthy and safe for when we are allowed to reopen.
- ENTERING AND EXITING THE BUILDING: All dancers will enter the building from the OLD QUEBEC STREET entrance. After classes all dancers will exit the building through the back of the building at 21 CHAPEL LANE.
To make that a safe entrance for everyone to use. Here’s how this will work…
- WAITING ROOM IS CLOSED: we are asking all parents/guardians to drop off your child and wait outside the building for your dancer to enter or exit the building. We will have volunteers ready to help students when needed (younger children).
- Once your dancer is dropped off, they will be ushered immediately into the studio and provided with hand sanitizer. Everyone must wash their hands prior to and before exiting the studio. You may bring your own sanitizer if you wish. Please note that as the waiting room is closed, it is best to arrive only 5 minutes prior to class start time as dancers will be asked to wait in a line to the studio 6 feet apart.
- Everyone entering the building must wear a mask in all common areas and all studios.
- Please be in your dancewear when you arrive and bring as few items to class as possible. Items will be placed just outside the studio or in the corner of the studio so we can avoid going into the lobby.
- Pick-up – since the waiting room is closed and we cannot congregate in there, we ask that you all make a single file line up to the door where your child will be. Each child will be dismissed individually as each parent comes to the door (children 9 and under only). The line may be long on certain days so please be patient, this is all for the health and safety of your children. As long as everyone is there on time this will move very quickly. All students will be downstairs in their designated spots awaiting your arrival.
- Sanitizer: We have hand sanitizer in each room, hallway, and front desk. Students will be asked to use it frequently. If you’d prefer your own students are permitted to bring it in their dance bag. Our sanitizer does contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Water fountain – our water fountain is CLOSED. Please make sure your child brings their own non-spillable container that has their name on it.
- No close contact: we will be adjusting many things in our classroom to avoid contact. Please bring in your own yoga mat for conditioning classes. Students will not be permitted to hold hands, high five, or touch each other in any way. We will also ensure that they are not in close proximity to each other. If you can please remind them to keep to themselves, they all love to hug each other 🙂
- Surface Cleaning: Every hour we will be wiping down frequently touched surfaces and equipment. Every evening everything is wiped down.
- Deep Cleaning: the studio will be professionally deep cleaned twice per week.
- Hepa filters running in Studios during class
- Sneezes and Coughs: We are encouraging dancers to cough and sneeze into their shirt or arms, not in their hands. If your child has either of these symptoms we are asking them to stay home.
- Staff: Only healthy staff members (without symptoms) will be in the studio. Our teaching staff is ready to fill in for each other so each child may get to know more teachers than normal this year.
- Class sizes: class sizes will be restricted to the number allowed by Public Health.
How you can help:
- Do not bring your child to class if they are coughing, sneezing, have a fever, stomach ache, body aches, sore throat, chest congestion, diarrhea, vomiting, or any other illness.
- Do not bring your child to class if a family member is ill with any of the above symptoms
- Don’t bring toys from home.
- Don’t break any formal quarantine/government restrictions.
- Encourage your child to cough and sneeze into their arm not in their hand and to not touch other children or their teacher.
- Alert us if your child does have COVID-19 and has been to the studio within the last 14 days so we can contact their peers.
Each family is encouraged to make their own decision about coming to the studio, please do what you feel comfortable with and what makes the most sense for you and your family. Your health and safety are most important to us!!
We are so looking forward to healthier times and when we can hug all of your little ones again, they are such a bright spot in our day! The well-being of our students and families is a top priority! Please know that we are here to address any concerns or issues and are happy to hear from you on additional ways we can keep our community healthy!
Catrina and Janet
- Once on the Portal you will be able to search to see if you or your dancer is already in our system or to add a new student. All the classes that are available to the dancer due to year of birth will show up when you click on “Register a Student”. Be sure you are in the season you are registering for (Summer, 2020-2021 Season, Fall 2020, or Online Fall 2020).
- Here is a video tutorial to help you use the Parent Portal for the first time. There is a lot to offer in this system! Prices, schedules, class descriptions and the ability to register online are all available on the portal.
When registering you will only be asked to pay a non-refundable registration fee of $25 plus HST until classes begin (maximum of 2 registration fees per family). Company non-refundable deposits are $100-$150 plus HST. These fees will reserve your spot in the classes you choose. Credits can be used to pay this fee.
Winter Tuition will be due on January 4th. Please note that we are happy to make payment plans (monthly or quarterly).
If we are need to shut down due to Covid-19, we will offer classes online.
At this time families can decide if they wish to stay registered in their classes or opt out. Only the $25 registration fee and company deposits will be non-refundable. We hope this will provide families with the flexibility to move forward with what you are most comfortable with once we know more, while providing us with a sense of what families are looking for at this time.
Please be sure to put you or your child on a waiting list if a class is full as we can also add more classes to the schedule if necessary.