Guelph moving to ORANGE (restrict) level – November 16th, 2020
As of Monday November 16th, 2020 Guelph is being moved to ORANGE ( restrict) level as outlined in the COVID- 19 Response Framework. Dance schools follow the regulations for businesses and not for recreation centres and gyms- therefore are no immediate changes to be made to the existing protocols that GYD has implemented. Please continue to screen your dancer each day before coming into class and keep them home if they are not well. This is a simple screening tool to use for both school and dance. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
We will continue to monitor and implement the local, provincial and federal recommendations as they’re announced and make changes as necessary. We will take each week, or day to day, into consideration as it approaches and keep you updated on what’s happening. We will be updating through Facebook and email.
We take pride in our facility and how it operates and would like to highlight the protocols we have in place at GYD to help our dance families stay healthy and safe.
- ENTERING AND EXITING THE BUILDING: All dancers will enter the building from the OLD QUEBEC STREET entrance. After classes all dancers will exit the building through the back of the building at 21 CHAPEL LANE.
To make that a safe entrance for everyone to use. Here’s how this will work…
- WAITING ROOM IS CLOSED: we are asking all parents/guardians to drop off your child and wait outside the building for your dancer to enter or exit the building. We will have volunteers ready to help students when needed (younger children).
- Once your dancer is dropped off, they will be ushered immediately into the studio and provided with hand sanitizer. Everyone must wash their hands prior to and before exiting the studio. You may bring your own sanitizer if you wish. Please note that as the waiting room is closed, it is best to arrive only 5 minutes prior to class start time as dancers will be asked to wait in a line to the studio 6 feet apart.
- Everyone entering the building must wear a mask in all common areas and all studios where 6 feet distancing cannot be maintain.
- Please be in your dancewear when you arrive and bring as few items to class as possible. Items will be placed just outside the studio or in the corner of the studio so we can avoid going into the lobby.
- Pick-up – since the waiting room is closed and we cannot congregate in there, we ask that you all make a single file line up to the door where your child will be. Each child will be dismissed individually as each parent comes to the door (children 9 and under only). The line may be long on certain days so please be patient, this is all for the health and safety of your children. As long as everyone is there on time this will move very quickly. All students will be downstairs in their designated spots awaiting your arrival.
- Sanitizer: We have hand sanitizer in each room, hallway, and front desk. Students will be asked to use it frequently. If you’d prefer your own students are permitted to bring it in their dance bag. Our sanitizer does contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Water fountain – our water fountain is CLOSED. Please make sure your child brings their own non-spillable container that has their name on it.
- No close contact: we will be adjusting many things in our classroom to avoid contact. Please bring in your own yoga mat for conditioning classes. Students will not be permitted to hold hands, high five, or touch each other in any way. We will also ensure that they are not in close proximity to each other. If you can please remind them to keep to themselves, they all love to hug each other 🙂
- Surface Cleaning: Every hour we will be wiping down frequently touched surfaces and equipment. Every evening everything is wiped down.
- Deep Cleaning: the studio will be professionally deep cleaned twice per week.
- Hepa filters running in Studios during class
- Sneezes and Coughs: We are encouraging dancers to cough and sneeze into their shirt or arms, not in their hands. If your child has either of these symptoms we are asking them to stay home.
- Staff: Only healthy staff members (without symptoms) will be in the studio. Our teaching staff is ready to fill in for each other so each child may get to know more teachers than normal this year.
- Class sizes: class sizes will be restricted to the number allowed by Public Health.
How you can help:
- Do not bring your child to class if they are coughing, sneezing, have a fever, stomach ache, body aches, sore throat, chest congestion, diarrhea, vomiting, or any other illness.
- Do not bring your child to class if a family member is ill with any of the above symptoms
- Don’t bring toys from home.
- Don’t break any formal quarantine/government restrictions.
- Encourage your child to cough and sneeze into their arm not in their hand and to not touch other children or their teacher.
- Alert us if your child does have COVID-19 and has been to the studio within the last 14 days so we can contact their peers.
Each family is encouraged to make their own decision about coming to the studio, please do what you feel comfortable with and what makes the most sense for you and your family. Your health and safety are most important to us!!
We are so looking forward to healthier times and when we can hug all of your little ones again, they are such a bright spot in our day! The well-being of our students and families is a top priority! Please know that we are here to address any concerns or issues and are happy to hear from you on additional ways we can keep our community healthy!
Catrina and Janet